Monday, January 16, 2012

We've been so lucky here in Northeast PA to have a relatively dry and not-too-cold winter (although that seems to be changing!) I try to stay informed about weather issues and how they can affect pets. So I was interested to see this article cross my virtual desktop today:


Dog Feet Have Special Blood Vessels That Protect Them From Cold: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/13/dog-feet_n_1204709.html

That's good to know!  Although I still err on the side of caution and I don't let dogs linger too long outside when the weather conditions can create a hazard to safety or their health. The same goes for very hot days too, some dogs just can't handle the heat.

I think this winter I finally have the cold-weather gear I need. Seems like every year I'd be missing some component, but this year I've had occasion to bundle up, and I stayed warm outside, so I think I'm set.

The holidays are over, and that means two things - folks planning cruises somewhere warm, and families planning summer vacations. Don't forget to book pet care, too! Give a call or send an email, we'll get you scheduled for pet sits and you can cross that off your to-do list!

No comments:

Post a Comment