Sunday, July 18, 2010

Day Off!

It's rare for a pet sitter to have a day off in the summer, let alone on a weekend! and truthfully, I didn't have the whole day off - took care of some wonderful kitties in the morning. But the rest of the day was mine to be had!
My husband and I drove around and had fun checking out some garage sales. We got some nice deals and of course spent a buck buying some stuffed animals for the dogs. We can't buy them stuffed toys at the store because they tear them open (yup - even the "nearly indestructible" ones) in 5 minutes. So we get the "garage sale specials" for them, and of course they tear them to bits in a day but they have the best time doing it and it was cheap (although cleaning up all of the stuffing is a bit of a pain! And we take the eyes/noses off beforehand so there's no accidental swallowing). Seeing Loki grinning on top of a pile of stuffing is definitely amusing.

After that I did what everyone else was doing - I hit the lake! Ahhh, it was beautiful. Those of us who are fortunate enough to live and vacation in the Poconos know that feeling. Drifting on a beautiful lake on your raft, or in your boat, with blue skies above and green trees all around, a light breeze to keep you cool, and the sweet sound of nature all around you.

I could have spent the day doing work (even though I didn't have afternoon pet sits, I still have some paperwork-stuff to do). But when it's a beautiful day and there's so much fun to be had, I think sometimes the choice to go out and experience the sweetness that life has to offer is the RIGHT choice. Work will still be here for me Monday!

I hope you have been able to enjoy this gorgeous summer. If you haven't, what are you waiting for? Give me a call, I'll spend time with your pets so you can have some guilt-free fun in the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment