Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Independence Day!

Whew! What a busy day! Lots of pet sits this weekend. And what a weekend it was; am I right Poconos people? Blue skies, fresh air, green trees - it makes you happy to be alive.

Because of the heat I took it easy with the dogs I walked outside. That midday sun gets hot! I spent some time combing and brushing some pets (including my own) to help get rid of some excess fur. (It's also a great way to for me to bond with a pet for those pets that enjoy being brushed or combed!)

Luckily the pets I'm caring for this weekend are okay with loud noises. Some pets don't handle the 4th of July fireworks well at all, and extra care must be taken with them to ensure their safety and level of comfort. (I recommend putting the radio on for background noise to help drown out the sounds of the fireworks. Others have recommended an item called the Thundershirt to help calm dogs.)

I'm up past my bedtime, tired but happy, and looking forward to a fun, busy day tomorrow!

Happy Independence Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment